Thursday 21 May 2009

Food for thought

Hello :)

Look at the sun! GLORIOUS! Hope it's sunny where you all are, it's been lovely in Oxford today :)

So I went to see Angels and Demons last night which was pretty awesome. I really didn't know what to expect as I confess to not reading any of the books and only half watching the Da Vinci Code whilst trying to sleep on the way back from Paris on a coach!
My mum is a huge fan of the books/films and I'll happlily watch anything if it means a trip to the cinema, apart from maybe Drag Me to Hell (which looks pretty horrible for someone who isn't good with horrors...)

I won't spoil the film for any of you guys who haven't seen it yet but at first I was really unsure about how I was going to understand what was happening, as the first few minutes are filled with jargon and then there's all the historical stuff etc but it actually really doesn't matter if you don't know anything about science or religion (like me haha) as the plot develops really well and it keeps you glued.

It left me with so much to think about, which I think is the sign of a good film, and it made me want to know more about the history behind faith and symbolism.

One thing I did notice is that the few journalists in the film were portrayed as being pretty useless in conveying what was going on, and were getting everything wrong! I thought this was interesting as we're always told that the role of the journalist is to find out the truth and convey that to the public, but in this case the journalists were very unreliable sources of information. Hmmm..



Oh and i've spent the whole day with painful ankles because of my lovely new Topshop plimsoles , which are nice to look at (and even got my grandmother's seal of approval) but horrendously painful! I literally have 3 plasters on my ankle to try and stop them rubbing and they still hurt!



But who said fashion was confortable eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment